Combat Changes - SWTOR 3.0
Bioware discusses some combat changes coming with 3.0 in a livestream from 10/30/14.
- Power targets for level 60 are not much higher than current 55s
- DPS at 55 will be lower after 3.0 releases
- Nightmare DF/DP may remain relevant at 60 due to the small power creep
- Every AC will have a raid utility buff (enemies take more damage from certain attack types, raid wide Critical or Alacrity buffs like Bloodthirst, etc)
- Training Dummy debuff consumable applies all possible DPS buffs/debuffs
- Player DoTs cannot be cleansed in PvP (can still be purged)
- Most crowd control can now be cleansed
- Old content with cleanse-dependant mechanics will be updated to function with a longer cleanse cooldown
- Interrupt cooldowns will be longer
- Channeled abilities cannot be pushed back. Resources are now consumed per tick instead of upfront.
- Accuracy has been removed from Disciplines, but scaling from rating has been increased. Tanks gain 10% Accuracy while in their tank stance.
- Alacrity now also speeds up DoT ticks, reduces skill CDs and ICDs on procs (example: Duplicity)
- Skills affected by a proc get highlighted on the UI
- Buffs and Debuffs can be separately moved and customized in the UI Editor.
- Your debuffs applied to a target are highlighted
- Virulence is the new name for Sniper's old Lethality spec
- Bolster now considers augments in its calculations
- Expertise max value is not changing. 2 new PvP sets coming with 3.0.
- Line of sight angle is increased for ranged attacks
- Set bonuses for PvE and PvP gear are the same, but can't be mixed to activate them
- Bonus main stat % increases are no longer in Disciplines
More to Come
In the following weeks, Bioware will continue sharing specifics about changes for each class, one at a time.